WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites.
Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Site’s features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
If you have set your computer to reject cookies you can still browse the Site anonymously until such time as you wish to register for the services we provide. For further information on cookies please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
WHAT IS A PIXEL TAG?
A pixel tag is another method of collecting information akin to a cookie but are contained graphically on a website. Like cookies, they collect information about your online preferences. They can also work alongside cookies specifically to read and trigger them.
You can set your computer to reject pixel tags and if you do so you can still browse the Site anonymously until such time as you wish to register for the services we provide.
Finding Your Cookies & Pixel Tags
Some websites use technology which includes cookies and pixel tags. You may adjust your device’s web browser settings to refuse these however, please note that because these, cookies especially, are widely used, disabling the use of them in your web browser may interfere with full use of various websites. Please note, that if you use multiple browsers you will need to opt out of receiving cookies and pixel tags on each device and for each browser. Also, if you change devices or delete cookies from your device you will need to repeat this opt-out process.
varanaworld.com receives and records information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use the Site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your:
(ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features;
(iii) unique device identifier and device type;
(iv) domain, browser type and language,
(v) operating system and system settings;
(vi) country and time zone;
(vii) previously visited websites;
(viii) information about your interaction with the Site such as click behaviour, purchases and indicated preferences; and
(ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via the Site through cookies, third-party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
• Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore the Site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
• Performance: These cookies allow us to improve the Site’s functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember Site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly tailored recommendations and slow the Site’s performance.
• Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from the Site through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond the Site. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
As a business we use a number of Google services which enable us to understand you better which in turn means we deliver a more appropriate and relevant service to you. We may from time to time use remarketing tools within Google Analytics and implement the Google Display Network to advertise online which means third-party vendors, including Google, may show our adverts across the Internet. We, and third-party vendors, including Google use first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as DoubleClick cookie) together to report how your ad impression and other uses and interactions relate to visits on the Site. We also utilise the Google Analytics Demographic and Interest reporting tool from which we may gather information such as age, gender and interests that are already held by Google to understand who is visiting the Site and the best way to serve you relevant content. No personally identifiable information will be collected and all demographic information is anonymous.
When placing an order with us for the first time, you can register with us and complete certain required fields on an order form. We may provide you with and/or ask you to use passwords and other means for you to be able to access certain areas of the site such as My Account. Where we do so, it is on the condition that you shall be responsible for ensuring that such Secure Access is kept secure and confidential at all times.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
1. Anonymous Analytics Cookies: Whenever a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie. These help us find out whether or not you have visited our website before, how many individual unique users visit the site, what pages they look at most frequently etc. Analytics provide anonymous user behaviour information.
2. Social Website Cookies: Our website allows you to ‘Like’ and share content on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter. This functionality is enabled through the use of third-party cookies. In this case, privacy implications vary and are dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen when registering with the social media sites.
3. Session Cookies:Session cookies are used for users’ movement through the website. They allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. Session cookies are not stored on your computer. They expire when you close your web browser.
4. Geo-Targeting Cookies: Our website allows purchases in various currencies depending on your location. In order to display the correct prices and content to users around the world, we use geo-targeting cookies to identify what country your web browser request is sent from.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL COOKIES?
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. You can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or delete cookies that have already been set.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies on your device, you can do this in your browser settings.